Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar External Relations Senior Associate. At its core, your role is about building partnerships and relationships with the key stakeholders with the explicit goal of driving brand awareness and enrollment.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for the following:
- Advertising & Lead Generation (top of funnel, awareness stage): You will be responsible for developing a new advertising and lead generation strategy by understanding how and where to connect with partner organizations and creatively designing engagements that optimize our effectiveness. Critically, this means communicating the Nova Pioneer Difference and sparking that ‘wow’ experience, designing interactions to drive to the application phase, and working systematically to ensure that these efforts are driving results.
- Relationship & Account Management: You will be responsible for understanding the customer mix, segmenting (profiling) them, and understanding their needs, and designing and executing an effective engagement strategy based on this analysis. Within this framework, you will be responsible for bringing on new relationships using data in conjunction with your own research, and strengthening existing relationships, pulling in senior leadership where necessary. Through developing these partnerships, your express goal is to increase brand awareness, improve brand sentiment, and drive lead generation. However, this goal is fulfilled through developing a partnership that feels more collegial than transactional, and is driven through a feeling of mutual benefit, generosity of spirit, and cultivating mutual respect.
- External Events Execution: You will be expected to organize and execute Nova Pioneer’s external events (liaising with external companies and individuals where necessary or applicable) that creatively encourages increased engagement with Head Teachers and the above listed customer segments. These events should be optimized to support new lead generation, and designed to bring the Nova Pioneer’s brand to life. You will be responsible for identifying key dates and activities, and for working with the Admissions associate and cross-functionally to bring in the right team (leadership, students, etc.) for each event. After each event, you will also be responsible for the collection and analysis of data to determine its effectiveness, and for making recommendations on potential improvements.
- Outreach and Brand Building: You will be constantly seeking new outreach opportunities for Nova Pioneer to connect with different (but relevant) audiences to raise the profile of our brand in Gauteng.. Successfully doing this includes (but is not limited to) working to identify other stakeholders andorganizing to participate in education-related events in Gauteng and beyond.
- You’re a top performer with strong academic background
- You have 3-6 years of relevant work experience in marketing, sales, communications, relationship management, or related consumer-facing roles
- In your past work experiences, you’ve demonstrated strong project management abilities and have experience with event planning
- You’re a strategic thinker and can independently develop and execute a plan with clear timelines and deliverables
- Your past managers describe you as a self-starter with strong work ethic
- You truly enjoy interacting with new people and the challenge of building relationships, and you have strong interpersonal skills
- You are passionate about education (required) and have a strong knowledge of the space (desired)
HOW TO APPLY
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
WORKING AT NOVA PIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than at most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing professional development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.