Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Brand & Admissions Manager to lead a vibrant and talented team. The goal of the Brand & Admissions team is to help expand our Nova Pioneer footprint across South Africa while achieving our annual admissions enrolment targets and delivering an exceptional prospective parent and student experience. This role is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Team building and coaching
- Foster the growth and development of a team of Brand & Admissions Associates, supporting the potential of each individual’s best version of him/herself
- Monitoring and inspiring morale and the continuous upward shift in the experience of joy at work as a delivery orientated Nova Pioneer team
- Closely support each member of the team, ensuring weekly and daily prioritisation and execution aligned with broader goals and admissions targets
- Continuous tracking of data on admissions performance, giving key stakeholders visibility into our progress against targets
- Regular problem-solving to remove bottlenecks and improve performance to meet targets, ensuring the team of Brand and Admissions Associates are able to facilitate and track each applicant through the admissions funnel, from application to admissions decision in an organized and timely manner that reflects the Nova Pioneer brand
- Gather insights to ensure an approach that is different in the ways that are necessary for each community in which Nova Pioneer schools are located
Admissions process strategy
- Ensure continuous improvement in the admissions strategy across the network of schools
- Build a thorough understanding of how parents in our target demographic think about school choice and properly segment and customize the experience based on their perceptions, preferences and decision-making criteria
- Craft a customer journey that articulates clearly the joy and innovation that is experienced within the community, ensuring all necessary legal and administrative requirements are met
- Develop methodologies to meticulously track ROI of our admissions initiatives and activations and make data-driven decisions to positively impact enrollment
- Build the mechanisms that allows the collection and creation of compelling content for digital distribution by other members of the marketing team which engages current and prospective families. Compelling content drives brand awareness and catapults Nova Pioneer into the stratosphere of game-changing educational organisations.
- Ensure consistent improvement in the ways in which we amplify the message of how Nova Pioneer builds innovators and leaders throughout the prospective parent and student admissions experience
- Drive significant and sustainable improvement in the on-campus touchpoints that parents have with us through events like Open Day, Campus Experience and Accepted events.
- You have at least 5+ years experience building and managing important relationships in marketing, communications and/or business development positions.
- You are results driven: You are goal oriented, move fast and take ownership of work
- You have a strong ability to work with data: You know how to structure data in a compelling way, analyse data to pull out key insights and trends, and make data-driven decisions
- You have strong project management skills: You are able to juggle multiple tasks, provide support to junior level staff and meet deadlines and targets
- You are a great communicator: You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are entrepreneurial and empathetic. You are able to understand the various Nova Pioneer stakeholders and think creatively about how to effectively communicate to them.
- You have a track record of improving other people’s performance through coaching and build uncommonly strong relationships
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback
HOW TO APPLY
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
WORKING AT NOVA PIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here