About Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
Africa has the fastest-growing youth population in the world and a rapidly expanding middle class, but its education systems are not ready to unleash what could be the transformative generation of talent that permanently changes the face of the continent. We aspire to be among the first to show at scale that this is possible.
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow.
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
Overview of Role & Responsibilities
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Security Supervisor with experience and passion in Security Management. The Security Supervisor will organize and oversee all security operations of our organization. You will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills and be able to implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards. Since you will have a number of people under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills. The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, students, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Model and live the Nova Pioneer Culture.
- Help the team to be more productive and efficient through management and delivery of all round- regional, physical, personnel and students’ security and emergency management requirements.
- Serve as a main point of contact for any security/safety issues.
- Provide a linkage to other business units with government and county authorities.
- Maintain accurate record of security personnel
- Complete weekly and monthly reports for management by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities, including any change of security personnel.
- Maintain an updated and accurate matrix of guards on duty including reporting times, contact details, posting location, rotations, historical record of incidents.
- Investigate, report and track all safety, security and risk management related issues.
- Conduct regular risk assessment analysis, develop and update security policies, evacuation procedure, and crisis management plans, operating policies and procedures, in accordance with best practices and ensures their communication and implementation by staff and building occupants.
- Develop and facilitate security and safety training in view of increasing safety, security and risk management capacity.
- Maintain compliance with all legal requirements (including fire safety).
- Provide regular advice and counsel to management on matters relating to employee and property safety and security.
We are seeking a professional, who is a strategic thinker and planner with strong analytical prioritization and problem solving skills.
- You love to lead, detect, deter, observe and report.
- You have a diploma/ Degree in Business/Security related studies. Preference is for an ex-police or army officer.
- You have a minimum of 5-8 years working experience in managing security in a busy institution.
- You have a strong track record of Demonstrated leadership in development and implementation of a security management plan.
- You demonstrate capacity to analyze complex situations, solve problems and manage change.
- You are able to create security processes, policies and procedures
- You are conversant with the use of high-tech security systems and possess know-how in CCTV control rooms.
- You are able to do reports on maintenance and tenancy issues.
- You have the ability to use ICT tools and office packages (word, excel, power point, outlook etc.)
- You have the ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive matters
- You pay attention to detail
- You have a clean record as indicated by a genuine police clearance certificate.
- You have general knowledge of Kenyan laws and Government Regulations pertaining to law enforcement.
Experience in investigations will be an added advantage
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 8 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.