As Nova Pioneer builds it blueprint for scale, we are seeking a Global Marketing Data Manager who can help us build the tools and develop our platforms to make data-driven decisions that will drive our marketing strategy. The right person will have a deep understanding of tech platforms, cross-channel analytics, attribution, and tracking methodologies, lead scoring, and digital marketing. You will be capable of developing tools and processes related to market research, knowledge management, and cutting edge technology that improves all of our processes.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
In 2014 we launched a new venture to build the first pan-African network of high-quality, affordable primary and secondary schools. This year we will be operating six schools—two in Nairobi and four in Johannesburg—and gearing up for rapid growth, initially across East and Southern Africa and eventually across West Africa as well. Our venture is structured as a social enterprise to enable us to attract the investment that will be needed to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students in the next decade.
We have a unique, entrepreneurial work environment with a strong team culture that is designed to reinforce our vision. The core elements of our culture include:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life. See how our students talk about that growth in this video https://goo.gl/PrqKzK
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.Watch this video to understand our fun environment- https://goo.gl/PmGL7Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your key responsibilities will be:
Build our digital marketing muscle
- Use innovative digital marketing techniques, formats and channels to engage Nova Pioneer’s target audience including email, paid search, SEO, and social
- Work with creative / content teams to develop, produce and execute digital marketing campaigns for our audiences that achieve Nova Pioneer’s business objectives and deliver high impact results.
Drive Data-Driven Decision-Making
- Develop comprehensive dashboards and regular reports that are user friendly and easily accessible, which allow us to synthesize data to inform business decisions
- Build new tools, processes and methods to assess and measure the current experience across all stakeholders and facilitate decision-making related to customer experience initiatives
- Measure the performance of Nova Pioneer’s online and offline campaigns to deliver actionable insights that allow us to drive customer-centric decision making across geographies
Develop our Insights
- Develop and implement systems and platforms that allow us to reach and understand our prospective parents, build awareness, and deepen relationships
- Design and implement new research processes and methodologies to gather insights on our customers across the pipeline
- Manage the analysis and reporting of a continuous stream of qualitative and quantitative data related to our key stakeholders
- Promote a culture of innovation and experimentation within the marketing team and beyond
- Be a thought leader on the latest and digital marketing tools, platforms, approaches, channels and potential partners for Nova Pioneer to consider
- Highly motivated self-starter with bias for action and teamwork, comfortable working in a startup environment
- Broad range of hands-on direct project experience within digital
- Experience making recommendations and implementing new technology and tools within an organization, experience in collaborating with web developers, technical or creative partners
- Experience and track record of coaching and managing small teams and coaching individuals to deliver results
- Outstanding organization, project-management, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience conducting both quantitative and qualitative market research
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
NOTES FOR A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION PROCESS
- Please format your resume so that it is no longer than two typed pages
- Please send a cover letter highlighting the following: describe the team(s) that you’ve led or coached in the last five years, any startup and/or entrepreneurial experience from your career, results that you’ve driven that you’re most proud of (last two years), and the main reason that you’re applying for this role
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.