Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Brand & Admissions Associate. We are seeking a dynamic individual who wants to help build our brand and achieve our enrolment goals. This is an opportunity to create a transformative brand with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
In 2014 we launched a new venture to build the first pan-African network of high-quality, affordable primary and secondary schools. This year we will be operating six schools—two in Nairobi and four in Johannesburg—and gearing up for rapid growth, initially across East and Southern Africa and eventually across West Africa as well. Our venture is structured as a social enterprise to enable us to attract the investment that will be needed to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students in the next decade.
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We hold the highest expectations for our staff and students alike
- We believe in servant leadership and consistently put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Building an ecosystem of compelling content that engages current parents and prospective families and drives brand awareness
- Developing and implementing fresh ideas across media platforms and measuring their effectiveness
Admissions Process Management / Data Tracking
- Guiding each applicant through the admissions pipeline, from applicant to admissions decision, in an organized and timely manner that reflects the Nova Pioneer brand
- Tracking and manipulating admissions data in an organized way that empowers the team to identify trends in the admissions process and act upon them
Brand-Building Engagement & Lead Generation
- Organizing and executing Open Days and other events that encourages increased engagement with parents and builds the Nova Pioneer brand
- Collecting data to determine the effectiveness of events and making recommendations on potential improvement for the future
- Coming up with and executing innovative ways to engage parents and attract more leads in the admissions pipeline
- Independently driving high-quality written and verbal communications to parents of Nova Pioneer students, including copy-editing, proofreading, and revising communications across a variety of channels
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of marketing and communications experience, ideally in a startup or in a company that gave you significant autonomy and responsibility
- You have knowledge and technical experience with leading social media platforms, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Adobe suite and/or video editing software is a plus
- You are detailed-oriented and able to manage projects independently
- You are creative, precise and engaging in written communication, especially within the restrictions of social medial platforms
- You strive for excellence in every detail of your work and inspire and challenge everyone around you to do the same. You take pleasure in excellence more than credit or status
- You easily adapt to a fast-moving, challenging environment and learn rapidly
- Our culture resonates deeply with your values—and in particular, you are excited to challenge yourself by taking risks and getting more feedback than you’ve ever gotten before!