Nova Pioneer Academies is looking for an outstanding Marketing Data Analyst who will be responsible for maintaining our database and analyzing our marketing and customer research data to develop insights and recommendations to drive our marketing strategy.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character that will enable them to shape a better future for the continent.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but across the continent. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER ACADEMIES
We launched two years ago to build the first pan-African network of high-quality and affordable primary and secondary schools. In 2017 we are operating six schools—four in South Africa (Pioneer Academies) and two in Kenya (Nova Academies) —and are preparing for rapid growth. Our vision is to launch 100 schools and serve tens of thousands of students across the continent over the next decade.
We have a unique, entrepreneurial work environment with a strong team culture that is designed to reinforce our vision. The core elements of our culture include:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you will be specifically responsible for the following:
- CRM & Database Management: You will be responsible for working independently to maintain and manage our CRM database, and working cross-functionally with admissions, operations, and learning team to make sure all data is accurate. You will set up and develop workflows, modules, apps, forms, links etc. for the CRM, as needed.
- Data Analysis: You will be responsible for developing and managing the marketing dashboard and provide daily and weekly updates to the marketing team and to management. On a monthly basis, you will be responsible for producing well-structured, in depth analysis of the data to generate insights that contribute to our overall strategy. Your job will also include working with the finance team to evaluate the ROI of our offline marketing activities and make recommendations based on the outcome of this analysis.
- Digital Media/Lead Generation: You will be responsible for designing and deploying a data-driven social media strategy for paid advertisements on Facebook, Google Adwords, and other platforms as deemed necessary to generate increased leads and nurture lead conversion.
- Backend Support: You will be responsible for providing technical expertise and infrastructure development necessary to develop the CRM, and liaise with outside support where necessary. You will be responsible for training the team on the CRM as needed.
- Automation and Systems Integration: You will be responsible for developing a comprehensive, streamlined admissions process that is consistent across the network and viable at scale.
- 3-4 years relevant quantitative work experience
- Strong background in math, finance, economics
- Technologically adept with at least some coding familiarity
- Database management and project management experience
- Advanced proficiency in excel, working knowledge of powerpoint and ability to make data visual
- Experience with salesforce a plus
- Outstanding attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you will be assessed on the following:
- Quality and accuracy of data and insight of the analysis
- Speedy update of data - (within 24hours of new data being provided)
- 100% uptime for dashboards
- Quality of your ROI analysis
- Accuracy of assumptions, inputs, formulas etc.
- Development of a clean readable worksheet that is able to be updated regularly and/or automated
- Being a SME on the CRM
- Learning all relevant skills and knowledge to master the CRM
- Mastering all related knowledge related to the CRM like APIs, SQL, the database, integrations
- Being able to demonstrate the ability to utilize this knowledge to further company objectives or to consult to other people in the team on questions related to the system
- Conducting regular training to ensure that team members are up to date on the system